Thursday, December 1, 2011

Courage

day #4.2

15Now if you are ready when you hear the sound of the horn, pipe, lyre, trigon, harp, bagpipe, & every kind of music, to fall down & worship the image that I have made, well & good. But if you do not worship, you shall immediately be cast into a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you out of my hands?"

16Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego answered & said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, & he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 18But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."
-Daniel 3:15-18

Oh to have this kind of courage & faith.
Daniel & the other guys had such faith in their God even when their future was uncertain. The future for them was of uncertainty not "oh dear what will I do when I grow up" or "goodness I don't know what I will do next summer", their uncertainty was in the realm of whether they would live or die. What if we all lived that way, like each decision would affect our lives.
Each decision we make does affect our lives & those around us.
I want to be more purposeful with what I do each day.

God reveal to me how I can do this, open my eyes to see how I can further Your kingdom & bring You glory. You have a purpose for me, may I not waste the time You have given me.

Psalm 57:2-I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
Psalm 138:8 -The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment