Thursday, December 29, 2011

5 Golden Rings

day #31

Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Hallelujah, Hallelujah!
Ha-lle-lu-jah!

Today marks DAY THIRTY ONE, I have blogged every day for 31 days. Who thought I could do it? Hmmm, I didn't... Today was a good day & it's the 5th day of Christmas, get your 5 golden rings out.
This morning/afternoon I had a reunion of sorts with the teens/staff from the summer ministry program I was apart of. People that I hadn't seen in months were there as well as my friend Kris, whom I hadn't seen since June of 2010...very nice to catch up & chat! My friend Kris is also a fellow Greek geek, it was awesome to talk "Greek" with someone who gets it! L.O.V.E.D. it!

What I love about today was that I was able to lead the music session, now I am not a musician. Violin & piano I can do a little, but my piano skills are not great enough to play for people. So I chose songs, found the lyrics & we had a sing-a-long of sorts. All the songs I chose were not really familiar with everyone but I still think it went well... I loved it, the enviornment seemed worshipful & there was good feedback. When I teach or do something with the ministry I tend to push it a little. Test the limits in a respectful way, trying to stretch our view & world. I like to do things differently then others, not always doing the same old thing...shake it up a little.
A lot of the people who are in this particular ministry tend to be very Baptist {not that Baptist is bad} they are really conservative & sometimes seem afraid of showing any emotion. Anyway, I will stop there before digging a deeper hole.

Also spent time with my dear friend Grace, she is about 7 ish months pregnant & just about as cute as they come. Such a beautiful, relaxing time with a godly young women. She & her husband are people I adore to pieces & I can't wait for their little boy to come.
I think that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment