Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cookies

day #9
(My mini paper tree)

This morning I did a bit of shopping with my sister, I found two ornaments for my mom. They are snazzy. One a silver 16th note with bells & the other looks like a sock monkey but it has a blue "M" (for MI Wolverines), the body is gray. It goes with the tree decor & its for U of M.
I am made molasses cookies while watching Home Alone 2, reminds me of my childhood (the movie part). When I was a child, Home Alone was on TV all the time during the Christmas season & I hated it because I watched it all the time. The last few years I have been wanting to watch it but couldn't find it anywhere, just Home Alone 3 or 4. I still can't find the original one as a stand alone, it's always in a boxed set...oh well.

I love Christmas time & all the activities that come with it. The last few years I have felt as though I have missed out on so much because I was always working or had things to do. This year my schedule is very different. I made a list {you can see it by scrolling down, it should be near the bottom right, entitled "Things to do before Christmas"}, so far I haven't really done a complete thing yet. I would also like to have something for each letter of the aLpHaBeT.



Mmmm, molasses cookies! I love these!
(Recipe at end of post)


*
I just have to say, God is good. Everyday He is showing my that His timing is right. Currently God is doing some great things, they may be small for some people but for me it's a big deal. I'll post on that when the timing is right. ;)
For now what I can say is that everything that God does is for my benefit.


Prep Time:
10 Min
Cook Time:
10 Min
Ready In:
1 Hr 20 Min

Servings (Help)

Calculate

Original Recipe Yield 5 dozen

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup margarine, melted
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 cup white sugar

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, mix together the melted margarine, 1 cup sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; blend into the molasses mixture. Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 120 | Total Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 7mg


(Recipe from allrecipes.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment