Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday, The 20th of the 1st. {Fasting}

I have decided what to fast from. After my many ideas and excuses of how to make it easier I have come to  a conclusion.

January 20, 2012-February 8, 2012

For 21 days I will fast from:

  • Watching movies (The only exception is if my group of friends decide to see Beauty & the Beast in 3D)
  • Eating sweets, including: cake, candy, ice cream, doughnuts, things with added sugar or lots of sugar. (This does not include smoothies..duh! Though if God pressed upon my heart to give that up I would)
  • Spending $$$ on unnecessary things, like stuff @ Target/Hobby Lobby/Walmart/Meijer pretty much bills, gas, tithe and the occasion outing w/ friends is all I really need to spend money on.
Day 1 Scripture- Daniel 10
Daniel 10:12 “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them."

During this fast I want to really seek God, there are some decisions I have to make that I need the guidance of my Savior on. Contentment and peace are also something I seek. 

*confession: I had a mocha cupcake at the baby shower tonight.
I will now add a day to my fast...(EXTENDED to Feb. 9, 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment