Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fasting

21 days of fasting is approaching soon, what do I fast?
In my small group, ladies Bible study we are going to do a 21 day fast/Bible study. I have never really fasted before so this is hard to think of something to fast from. I have thought of some ideas but goodness sakes I am so good at coming up with excuses of why each idea wouldn't work or adding stipulations on to what I was fasting from.
-FAST FROM MOVIES.
excuse: well I edit photos best when a movie is going & I have a lot of editing to do now.

-FAST FROM EATING MEAT.
excuse: well I don't really eat a lot of meat anyway so it wouldn't be a big sacrifice....and I really like sausage. (SO STUPID)

-FAST FROM SHOPPING/SPENDING MONEY
excuse: well I have to spend some money, what if I find a good deal. I just will watch how much I spend.

-FAST FROM SWEETS.
excuse: well that is just not possible.

....so far that is all I have. I am so pathetic! Oh Jesus, give me the heart to fast and the desire for You be greater then any human desire.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on this!!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blogger I know is fasting the way Daniel did - just water and fruits/vegetables. Maybe you'd want to try that? I've only done day-long fasts, where I drink water but nothing else and don't eat at all, and I don't think you'd want to do that for 21 days, haha.

    ReplyDelete