Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 Good Things

day #36


{3}Good Things Thursday

[1.] Spent time with a good friend of mine. 
[2.] Took pictures, had coffee, went for a walk & had grilled cheese.
[3.] Work was really, really busy so the time passed quickly.

*****
I forget that striving to live "rejoice always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances..." isn't easy, nor comfortable. Liveing that piece of Scripture humbles me & makes me cry. I am thankful for Gods grace & mercy to keep working in me & on me when I want to give up.

Work tonight was rough. I was very, very busy, earlier today I had told my friend that I expected things to be calm & dull at work. I should not have said that because it was the exact opposite. I am thankful I didn't have many dramatic things to deal with, just business & a few personal battles. I like being busy because the time seems to pass more quickly. Living out 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always,pray without ceasing,give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. is not easy, on my way home tonight I was in tears because I felt attacked at different levels. I felt my authority had been undermined. I felt I had to always explain why I did certain things even when I am not making bad decisions.  I felt like I was too nice to people & that I don't have the guts to stick to the guidelines & that people just look at me as spineless. I felt as though some people I work with had made some poor choices in how they had dealt with certain guests & I didn't know what to do about it.... I just cried, ready to give up. I feel like I don't belong there, this is not what I want to do, this is not what I like, I am not comfortable with this.
Then I realized something... God called me to this job, He dropped this opportunity in my lap, literally. I did not have to seek it out, it wasn't my first choice but it was my only idea/option. God worked it out. I would have not ever went for a job like this, not really "up my alley". But God knew that, I know He is teaching me things; & it's taken me WAY out of my comfort zone. No matter what happens...God gets praise. God gets thanksgiving.
He is humbling me, with His grace & mercy...He is working on me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - this post basically sums up my evening. Every part of it. My job is generally a little crazy, but today just blew up. But, this job, too, while not my first choice, was the job God saw fit to provide when I was so desperate for one last March. And I know He is using me, molding me, refining me, at this place, and I only pray I - and you - will be the clay He needs us to be so He can use us the way He intends.

    ReplyDelete