Monday, February 13, 2012

Praise Him.

I work at a women and childrens homeless shelter, each evening there is a mandetory chapel service. Last night we watched "Courageous", how inspiring and convicting that movie is! I was so uplifted by its message am so thankful for people who are brave enough to set out and make movies with such powerful conviction. Today as I was editing I sat down and watched "Facing The Giants"...ooh man I was crying. I love the part where the main charecter goes into the woods and prays. His prayer goes a little like this ...
"Lord Jesus would you help me,
I need you.
Lord I feel like there are giants of fear and failure just staring down at me waiting to crush me and i don't know how to beat them.
Lord I'm tired of being afraid.
Lord if you want me to do something else show me.
If You want me to stay, so be it.
If You want me to go, so be it.
But you're my God.
You're on the throne.
You can have my hopes and my dreams.
Lord give me something show me something." 

That is my prayer. I want to love Jesus even when my way doesn't happen.
I want to praise Him in the wins,
and praise Him in the losses.

Father God, until the You move me, may I bloom where I are planted.
Help me to give You my very best, my very best.
No quiting until I've got nothing left.

1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s
Psalm 103:1-5








No comments:

Post a Comment