Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What I do, what I want to do...

My breakfast today...
usually I am not a big meat eater.
I like chicken, sausage, bacon & other meats depending on how they are prepared or what they are in.
however {b.a.c.o.n} is where it's at...
& the turkey bacon was pretty good today...

Tuesday dinner...
the frozen yogurt bites was an idea found on pinterest,
I like the idea.
I don't know how balenced this meal is but it was pretty good.
It's hard to pack balenced meals in a short amount of time. I seriously made the mac 'n cheese in 35 min.
20 min of that it was in the oven. I tried to do mac 'n cheese "cupcakes" like I had done before, but it didn't work so well.
As usually, today I was rushed when it came time to get ready & go to work.
I went to the gym this morning,
came home,
took a shower,
got dressed,
blow dried & fixed my hair,
made breakfast,
ate & read my Bible,
did some editing
& then all a sudden it was 2:10 & I had to make my dinner
& finish getting ready to go all in 35 min.

Lately (for the last year or more) I have had such a hard time being on time for certain things.
Or getting things done in a timely manner.
I think my problem is this:
I look at my schedule thinking I have a lot of time on my hands,
so I begin to fill it,
then it seems all of a sudden I am stressing out,
& running late,
& can't focus.
Seems if I know that is my problem I could do something about it.

This morning I was reading in Romans 7,
Paul is talking about evil & good, here is what it says starting at verse 15..

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

I find myself thinking on these verses so often, thinking about what I want to do I don't,
what I don't want to do I do.

I want to be productive 
I want to have personal devotions & prayer time everyday.
I want to have things looking neat & cute all most of the time.
I want to spend my money wisely.

I don't want to waste time.
I don't want to be left out.
I don't want to be lazy.
I don't want to be stressed all the time.

I'm sure there are more "I want to's" & "I don't want to's"
but when it comes down to it,
my priorities are off,
& I amprobably putting too much pressure on myself to fit into
an impossible mold that I have formed myself.

But..
25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law,
but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Jesus, deliver me from myself.
From my expectations & ideals for myself.
Deliver me from my sinful heart,
& humble me.
Deliver me from my sinful mind & sinful nature,
may I die to myself,
live for you &
live as Your humble servant.
Trusting in You,
Your plan for me,
Your expectations of me!





No comments:

Post a Comment