Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday... (#2)


day #2.5
*sigh"
I am so glad to be home. The day started out rainy & cold, the rain turned to snow.
There is now about 3-4" of snow on the ground & the white stuff is still coming down.
Winter is not my favorite, winter driving stresses.me.out.
I usually work until 11pm I left a bit early tonight & did not drive faster the 20mph the whole way home. By the time I got home I could have kissed the ground, I kid you not. I thought about that idea for a moment & decided a face full of snow was not what I desired.

So now I am situated, hot tea near by & fireside....
Ok, by "fireside" I mean candle {peppermint}, but still I am by the side of fire.
(Greek word order might be getting to me, I will have to post about that at some point)

So Tuesday, Greek class day!
For about two or so years I have found the Greek translation of the Bible incredibly fascinating.
I had talked with a friend of mine about taking Biblical Greek at the Christian College he goes to.
(The college is in my hometown)
I have been out of school for about 2 1/2 years, I had never really thought about going back.
The idea of taking the class was mostly just an idea. However, my schedule.job.life changed. All of a sudden I thought I would have all this free time, so why not take an 8am class two days a week, not to mention it is Biblical Greek.
(People always sound so impressed when I say I am taking Greek,
I tell them I am either adventurous or stupid)
I decided to audit this class, rather then to take it for credit to...
a)save money & b) learn

SOOOOOOO...
Greek was today.
Then I hang around with friends & go to chapel.
It is pretty snazzy because I crave the more modern worship setting
& that is what is normal.
My church has some but it is nice to have variety.
There are three different worship bands that rotate chapel each week.
My friend is the leader of one of the worship bands.
God has blessed him with great talents & abilities & humility
....it is refreshing.
*
I found some great deals at Target.. {WooHoo!}
wait, wait we must stop, you must know Target is a happy place for me,
honestly I walk in & I breathe a sigh of relaxation.
I found jeans for $15 a pair.
I also found a jacket for $10 {originally $40}
*
Between school/shopping/chapel & work I had a project of flower making.
I have seen this idea many different places.
Here is how I made it...
1. I cut a circle out of felt.
2. Traced the felt circle on to regular cloth
(layered so I could cut out many at a time)
3. Cut out the cloth circles.
4. Take the cloth circles fold in half, then quarters &
hot glue to the black felt circle.
I glued on quite a few cloth circles until I liked how it looked.
Probably 10-13 cloth circles to every felt square.

Pretty!
I am not yet certain what the purpose of these lovely flowers is
but tomorrow it may be determined.

*

A Biggby run was necessary today.
A cold day & long afternoon/evening ahead of me.
Yeah a {hot.grande.wild zebra.reduced calorie.no whipped} will do it.

Tonight I have been listening to Brooke Fraser, the song "Hymn" struck me tonight
Hymn
By Brooke Fraser
If to distant lands I scatter
If I sail to farthest seas
Would You find and firm and gather
Til I only dwell in Thee?

If I flee from greenest pastures
Would You leave to look for me?
Forfeit glory to come after
Til I only dwell in Thee

If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision
Til I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee
Til I only dwell in Thee

Earlier this evening I was reading Psalm 19, verses 7-9 & 14 along with the above lyrics are my prayer tonight.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The decrees of the LORD are firm,
and all of them are righteous.
14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:7-9,14

No comments:

Post a Comment