Monday, September 3, 2012

On the eve of 24...

I'm taking a tiny break from posting about Africa 
to write something personal about life lately.(I have at least one more installment to come)

Pinned Image

Today is the eve of my 24th birthday.... I know 24 really isn't that old, & most of the time I feel like I am still 17. My expectations of what will happen each year are always great, what I think will happen never usually does yet each year I am learning more and more.
This year I decided my theme verse would be 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 "rejoice always; pray without ceasing; give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." I haven't been doing so great at rejoicing or praying always or giving thanks in all things.
My prayer for the next year of life is to rejoice, to pray always and to give thanks.
Maybe instead of having so many expectations I'll just go with the flow, doing whatever God puts in my heart to do. There are a lot of things I would like to do, but if in a year I can look back and say "yes I rejoiced and prayed and gave thanks" it will be worth it.

The past year has been so much of something... frustrations, surprises, joys, good memories, growth, revelations. I hope this next year there is way more growth - in faith and trust in the Lord. I want a deeper relationship with Jesus. I am seeing so much how important relationships are, it is so hard for me to be relational. (that shows my selfishness and pride) I so desperately want that to be pruned from these branches!
In the midst of all this I know God is good and He has a plan for me. Oh that I would let go, that the wall of selfishness, vanity, pride be broken down. May Gods love and peace reign in my heart and life!




At the end of 2011/beginning of 2012 I made the following list, as for how I am doing with it well....

A. A little spontanaity
I think I have done better at this, if spontanaity and crazy are the same thing. lol
I did go to Paris...like out into Paris on the way to Africa.
B. Be content
at times, at times I feel content. 
C. Creativity. Do crafty/creative things each week.
Eh, so so. I haven't had a lot of time the last few months. I did mod podge maps on to journal books!
D. Do Something Cool
Went to Africa=WAY COOL; Went to Paris=ALSO WAY COOL; went on a safari= SUPER COOL; went hiking up a hill to a waterfall=REALLY COOL
E. "Era" photo shoot
Haven't done this yet.
F. Food, try new recipes & photograph & write them down.
Tried a lot of new ones thanks to cooking/baking days with Heather.
G. Greek. Be able to read Scripture passaged in Greek & translate into English by Christmas of 2012.
OOOH I better start working on this!
H. Have fun.
eh so so
I. Increase skills in photography by researching & trying new things.
New camera has helped this!
J. Jesus time, more often. Be more intentional and carry it out.
Really need to work harder at this.
K. Knit more, create more things.
Yeah that dream went out the window.
L. Live by 1 Thes. 5:16-18.. Rejoice always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances.
Did ok at the beginning of the year (like basically January) but haven't done so hot lately.
M. Make memories.
YES...AFRICA counts as a ton of really really great memories!!!
O. Open a can.....
oh whoop .... (lol) idk or one of worms... eh hope not... [I have no idea what I meant by this]
P. Productive & positive yet restful & relaxed. Live with balance.
eh maybe? most of the time.
Q. Quit making excuses for everything!
no comment...anything I think of to write here sounds like an excuse (like what I just wrote) so apparently I need to keep working on this.
R. Run more. Be more of a runner on 12/31/12 then I am now.
I'm no Marion Jones but..... I'm definitely more of a runner now then I was in Dec of '12...
S. Save money by staying away from "just because" trips to...Target/Biggby?hobby Lobby
The last two weeks have been ok!
T. Take a lot of pictures.
1,800 in Africa alone, I have been taking a lot of pictures! Plus 2 weddings, and some other stuff..

No comments:

Post a Comment